Wednesday, December 4, 2013

November (UN)Favorites!

There is not much worse than spending your hard earned money on something that you thought you HAD to have because you can't beat that price... or the packaging was pretty and shiny... or it claims to have some kind of revolutionary effect on your skin... only to find that it was completely worthless and a total waste of time and money. Well, these are my November (Un)favorites!

Again, as with my favorites, I didn't use a lot of products this month so this post will be quite short!

I got this just to try it out. It was horrible. The formula was very thick and it was drying to my skin. I have a problem with dry skin, especially in the winter, and this made it much worse. It also didn't help conceal the redness of my skin at all. It was only a $1 but it was a waste of that dollar bill. I got this at Walmart, I believe.


Hmmmm...seems like I'm picking on E.L.F. today. I love them, especially their eyeshadows and their brushes! But this is another product that I REALLY do not like. It's not very translucent because it leaves a slight pink cast to my skin and it doesn't really matify anything. It might get rid of your shine for a bit but it doesn't last nearly as long as it should! Which makes me sad. I got this for $3 at Target.

There are days when I don't feel like blow drying and straightening my hair.. or waiting on it to air dry. Usually I go for my trusted Garnier brand (The curl construct mousse) but while I was buying my favorite Tresemme dry shampoo I thought I would give this a shot.  It's supposed to be ultra light styling mousse. It wasn't very light. It had more of a creamy texture to it than the usual whipped texture. I wasn't enjoying that. It also states that it gives you natural feeling hair... Uuuuhhhhh... since when is crunchy hair natural?? My hair was so crunchy and tangly that I couldn't get my fingers through it. I don't remember the price but I got it at Target.

--ignore the chipped thumb nail!! ugh!---
Okay, I was SO pumped to try this mascara. It was recommended by Melmphs in one of her YouTube videos. She said it was one of her favorite mascaras. I'm always looking for a new mascara!  I got the one in Very Black. It did not lengthen my lashes at all and I found that after awhile it would get kind of flaky. It has a pretty dry formula. I'm hoping I just got a bad tube of it because I bought two! I'll give my other one a try when this one is gone. I don't like wasting mascara. The good thing about the Clumpcrusher is that I found that it is buildable. I can let it dry and add another coat.


I added my megalength, not because I don't like it, but because I love it. I would take this mascara over the clumppcrusher any day. My $2 mascara is better that my almost $9 mascara.


Daily happenings:

They're saying that the winter storm that is supposed to hit tomorrow is going to be reminiscent of the 2008 ice storm that we had that caused so much damage and power outages. UGH! I am NOT looking forward to that. There's going to be 2 rounds of it. Thursday night to Friday night and then on Sunday. Looks like I'll be trapped at home for a while.

It's killing me that it's in the 70s right now and starting tomorrow it's going to be in the 20s with wind chills in the single digits and below zero.

I was planning on going to Ulta this weekend. One opened back in October near my hometown and I still haven't been! I was going to go wild and buy stuff for myself for a change. Merry Christmas to me! BUT now that the area is going to be covered in ice.... It's a no go. Thankfully, I have a couple eyeshadow palettes and several new things to try out coming from Avon. Both should be here today! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment