Thursday, September 19, 2013

What Kind of Black Magic Is This?

Hey guys! Welcome to the first installment of "What Kind Of Black Magic Is This?". In other words, did I find dupes in my collection?


So, I've had Avon's Mandarin Magic in my personal collection since the Forbidden Fruit's collection came out... but recently, when Walgreens was having a sale, I picked up a Sinful Colors orange called Courtney Orange. It wasn't until I was organizing my colors the other day that I noticed these two shades looked REALLY similar.

I was looking over Courtney Orange carefully so I could describe it here but I got sidetracked by the name. Like most polishes, Sinful Colors usually has cute/creative names for their polishes. Like Rain Storm for a blue. Or Heavy Metal for a silver color. But Courtney Orange? What was their thought process for this one? "Hey! Courtney likes orange! Let's name it Courtney Orange!" Not that there's anything wrong with it... I was just thrown by the lack of creativity. Does anyone know the story behind the color??

The name does not hamper my love of this orange, though! It's SO pretty!
Again, sorry for the horrible fingernails! =( They're slowly getting better!! =)

It's sparkly, almost a metallic-y orange. There is a gold iridescent shimmer to it. It's really hard to explain. You'll have to go buy it for yourself!

It's definitely got a red undertone to it so it isn't a true orange.

Now, to the Avon. To my eyes, this is an orange orange with gold shimmer flecks. GOSH! It's so pretty in real life! (Great candy corn nail art color! ;) )

The picture definitely does NOT do it justice, whatsoever!

ANYWAY... after close inspection they are NOT twins. Although, they could be siblings! ;)


I hope to do a "What Kind of Black Magic Is This" post regularly. Possibly once a week if I can manage that. It will depend on if I can find dupes that often! I don't have time to scour through polish displays to find a dupe a week! But I think it'd be fun to get into posting a regular "series" in my blog? Yes? No? Maybe?


Daily Happenings:

  • I helped my grandma hang pictures in her new house today. After my grandaddy passed away 2 months ago, I've really enjoyed spending so much time with her.
  • It is less than 4 days until my birthday!
  • I finally got my nail polish rack hung up on my wall and everyone that's seen it said it looks like I am opening my own nail polish store.... Which brings me to my next thing...
  • I am opening my own online store in the near future. I'm just finalizing everything. Products are being tested out before I open the shop because I want to bring everyone quality products!



No comments:

Post a Comment