Monday, September 16, 2013

I love the smell of Cold Leather in the morning. =)

As soon as Walgreens put their Sinful Colors on sale a couple of weeks ago I made a beeline for the store straight after work. That's when I picked up the entire Leather Luxe Collection.

Sinful Colors is actually my favorite brand. They're easier on the wallet, they have a VAST variety of colors and finishes. I mean, what would you NOT like about those two examples. And, as a general rule, they apply to the nail like a dream.

I didn't pay attention to the display when I snatched up these (and several other) colors so I didn't realize that they dried matte. I didn't have any matte polishes so I was pleasantly surprised when I did my swatches that there wasn't a bit of shine to them. I'm not used to that (In my book, the more shine the better!) but I really ended up liking the looks of them. The only one I have worn so far is Cold Leather. I wore it with a loose glitter nail art design to my sister's wedding this past Saturday. Sadly, I didn't have time to snap any pictures whatsoever. Besides being the bride's sister, I was also the cake lady. She went the cupcake route so I had DOZENS to bake and get just perfect.

I did, however, get a swatch the other night when I was doing my Gilmore Girls/Swatch fest.

The first coat was kind of streaky but with the second coat it was almost velvety looking.  I didn't bother putting top coat on it because that would defeat the purpose of using a matte polish! I have since purchased a matte top coat so I'm super excited to try that out!

So, without further adieu, I give you Cold Leather. =)





Sorry, I didn't get very many pictures of it. My lighting wasn't the best! But honestly, the polish looks exactly as it does in the bottle!
And again, sorry for the shortness of my nails. It's proving to be a pain in the butt to grow them out this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment