Friday, December 13, 2013

Khroma--Errr... Kardashian Beauty Palettes Review!

I am a Kardashian fan, I'll admit it. Although, I'm picky about who I like. Anyway, Kourtney is my all time favorite! And Khloe follows closely behind her. So, of course, as soon as I could find them,  I grabbed Kourtney's and Khloe's face palette.
I searched everywhere for Khroma Beauty products but then I learned that they had to take their products off the shelves and halt their launch of the line because of legal problems with their name. So now the products are known as Kardashian Beauty.

I looked at my local CVS and Sears for products, but I was still out of luck. I figured I would have no luck with Sears because they don't even carry the Kardashian Collection, which bums me out. =P
I tried online and I finally found the line of cosmetics on CVS' website. BUT THERE WERE NO PALETTES! I knew they existed but I couldn't find them anywhere.

Finally, FINALLY, I found them. I was browsing eBay, and low and behold, there they were. They were not brand new, but had only been swatched for reviews. I don't know the seller's reason for wanting to sell them, but I'm glad she did. I snatched them up for a good price and after about a week I finally have them!!!!

I've been testing them out and I really am enjoying them!

We'll start with Kourtney's!

Kourtney's Kardazzle Face Palette includes 4 matte shades and 4 metallic shimmery shades, 1 blush, 1 highlighter, and 1 bronzer.

As you can see from the picture above, the words are almost completely worn off. Which is kind of a bummer. I would think that it would last a little longer than that. Oh well, I don't mind that much. As long as I'm happy with what's on the inside, I don't care what the outside looks like. I am digging the reptile-like pattern on the palette, though.

My loose powder exploded earlier and there's powder over everything, I apologize!
This just basically tells you what's included in the palette and the ingredients. And all the other businessy things that have to go on products.

Due to the very cold, over cast winter day I couldn't go outside and take natural light photos, but these didn't turn out TOO terribly bad, right??
Top row: 4 matte shades - a creamy color, a peachy color, a light tan color, and a rosey mauve color
Bottom row: 4 metallicy shimmery shades - Gold,  champagne rose gold, a cranberry, a taupey brown.
Then in a pull out compartment is the blush, highlighter and bronzer. 
( Do you like my description? LOL! So technical.)


My arms are sensitive for some reason and they break out very easily so I always hesitate to do any swatches anywhere else but my hand. 
I couldn't capture the colors of the matte shades (on the left) but they are very smooth. They do show up well in reality, all except the second one from the top, which is the tan color. I don't get much color payoff from him at all.
The metallic shades are GORGE! I will say that they are really powdery, so using a damp brush works best. It also brings out the vibrant colors more! 




Now onto Khloe's Kardazzle Face Palette!

As you can see, this one has completely worn off. And I didn't even bother showing the back because there's absolutely nothing on it.

This one is the same layout. 4 matte shades on top and 4 metallic shades right beneath it. The blush, highlighter, and bronzer is on a slide out portion that locks into place beneath the shadows.
The highlighter is kind of shimmer so be careful where you put it!
Matte shadows: cream, peach, tan, taupe
The sun peaked out a little so I was able to get these to show up better than Kourtney's.
They all have good color pay off, again, except for the tan one. Third color from the left.

Oh the beautiful metallic shades! These were the same quality. Powder but awesome if you use a damp brush.
Champagne gold, gold gold, peachy gold, and a dark bronze gold.



All in all I am pleased with my new toys! =) They're very small so they are perfect for on the go. Which is handy this time of year because of all the holiday traveling. I also think I can get some good holiday looks from these two babies. 

They do include a mirror, which is always a bonus. I hate palette's that don't come with one.
I wish the formula for the metallic shades would have been less powdery, but it's not hard to spritz some water on the brush.

XOXOXOXOXOXO



Daily Happenings:

I have some nail polish reviews coming up. Yay! Including the color you see in the last picture above! Can anyone guess what this pretty color is??

More wintery weather is on the way. I think I might be stuck inside yet again this weekend.

Wednesday was the first day that I was able to get out of my house from the last winter storm we had. I was stuck inside for 6 days. Major cabin fever.

12 more days til Christmas!!

I have some Coastal Scents and BHCosmetics hauls/reviews coming up!

I am now officially off the waitlist for Ipsy! I am now a subscriber for it! My first bag will come in January, I believe. I REALLY wish I could have gotten this months! Boo!



No comments:

Post a Comment