Sunday, December 29, 2013

December Favorites!

I have several favorites this month. And they are all beauty related.

Let's get started!

I have really bad dry skin year round. In the winter it's like 100x worse! I put this on every night right before I crawl into bed. I find it refreshing and cool as it sets on the skin. I mainly apply it onto my forehead and the sides of my nose and cheeks. It's doesn't have a thick formula at all. It's kind of gel like. I exact product is no longer available from Avon but you can find the new (and just as wonderful) version of it here. It retails for $32 USD. 


This is the Revlon Photoready concealer in Fair. I had never tried a concealer by Revlon before, and I wasn't even looking for a new concealer when I found this one at my local grocery store on clearance. It usually retails for around $9 I believe but I got this one for $2.99. I quickly snatched it up. I adore this stuff! I don't apply it directly to my face, though. I use the tip of my finger to get some of the product off before dabbing it on under my eyes and on the sides of my nose and along the bridge of my nose. Not only does it conceal well.... It also brightens! It's a 2 for 1! =)



I got 5 of these at CVS one day at the beginning of the month. They were all 50% off so I couldn't pass that up! This one right here is my favorite out of the bunch. It's called On Cloud Nine. It stays true to Wet n Wild's fashion. It's buttery soft and so pigmented. The smokey gray blue eyelid shade, the hot chocolate brown crease color, and the very VERY pale blue browbone color gives you a pretty natural look.

BH Cosmetics was having a REALLY amazing sale one day so I took advantage of it and bought this palette I'd been dying to get since it came out. This is my first purchase from BH Cosmetics but I know it won't be my last. From what I can see, they always have good sales going on. I'm not going to go too in depth here because I plan on doing a review on it after I've been using it for a while. Swatches will be available then. These colors are INSANE! They really are true to color. The packaging is amazing. There's really nothing I don't like about it.  The colors are completely out of my comfort zone because I lean more towards natural/ neutral colors. But this palette is a dream. =)


I've become somewhat of a lipstick hoarder lately. I can't seem to stop buying them. Especially Avon lipsticks. They are unbelievably moisturizing! Not only are they very affordable, but there's SO many shades available. This particular lipstick is the Avon Ultra Color Rich Brilliance lipstick. Sadly, it is no longer available for retail. Which really saddens me. I didn't get to try any of the other colors in this line. They do still have many more collections of lipsticks to choose from and I haven't found one yet that isn't moisturizing and very pigmented. (If you want an in depth review of all of Avon's collections, let me know in the comments below!)



 These babies here are also Avon. They are the Nail Art Color Strips. They come in a wide variety of designs. This particular one is called Color Shock and they retail for $10 a piece. I used to think that all of the nail art strip type things from any retailer were WAY too expensive. But after I tried them, I completely changed my mind. I don't usually do full manis with them. I usually just do one or two accent nails. This time I decided to try it out on all of my digits to see how well and long they lasted. So far, I'm going on day 4 and I haven't had a bit of trouble with lifting around the edges or anything like that. The first one I used was one called Zebra Bling and I did 2 accent nail on each hand. Those lasted for 2 weeks! I couldn't believe it. I was so shocked. I had to touch up my other fingers with polish several times in that time period. And you can see that you can still use these even when you have crazy short nails like I do. =)


So, that's my December favorites. I'm not going to do a 2013 favorites like some people are doing. I have a hard enough time trying to pick what I like best for each month! I can't imagine having a years worth of products to choose from!




No comments:

Post a Comment