Friday, September 27, 2013

October Is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!





This time was doubly hard for us all because her mom, mine and my cousin's grandma, got very sick and passed away suddenly. My aunt was getting ready for her last chemo treatment right after the memorial service. Because of her vulnerable immune system she wasn't technically allowed to be around many people whatsoever so she had to wear a mask at the service and try to keep her distance from everyone despite them wanting to hug on her and support her.

I am now proud to say that, after intense chemo and a double mastectomy, she is 100% cancer free!! Every year for the past two years my cousin has thrown a party on her behalf on the anniversary of her being cancer free. =) It's a wonderful, BIG celebration. This past year the American Cancer Society was involved and we raised money for the cause.


So in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month I'm going to be sporting manicures to show my support for all those who have won or lost their fight with this horrible disease.

My friend Jessica, find her here on Instagram!, and I plan on doing twin manis in the month of October as well! I'm really looking forward to that and to celebrating the fact that my aunt is still cancer free!

The color above is China Glaze's Naked. I got it as part of a set last year at Sally's Beauty Supply during the month of October for the Susan G Komen  foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment