Saturday, September 21, 2013

.:A Mini Birthday Haul:.

It's after midnight on on the 21st... which means it is now 2 days until my birthday! Yes, I am counting down because I love birthdays! I don't think anything special is planned this year, especially since it falls on a Monday... and Monday's around here (as I'm sure is the same for 99.9984756% of everyone alive) are tiring.

I am dog/house sitting this weekend and since I knew I'd be by myself and undisturbed, I decided I'd treat myself to a mini early birthday haul!

I first heard about the first thing I got today from Lustrous Lacquer's post on her Facebook page. I'm keeping a look out to see if she does a mani/nail art blog post with it!


 It is the Disney Villains collection by ELF! 12 mini polishes for $9.99! They also have false eye lashes and eyeshadow palettes in this Disney Villains collection. I've been looking out for this because I am a MAJOR Disney fan but my Walgreens was slacking in their displays! Finally, FINALLY, this morning (well, yesterday morning now...) they had them! I was actually walking into the store as they were setting up new displays! I may or may not have arrived just as they opened. ;)  If I have a sunny day tomorrow I plan on sitting outside and painting my nails to my heart's content and snapping pictures for swatches. I'll list all the names and stuff then. There are some fall colors in it that I have been wanting so I got lucky with that!

My next stop was Sally's Beauty Supply. I wasn't sure when I'd have time to go back there again and I wanted to take advantage of the coupon I got in the mail... So, I ventured in there for nail wheels and a quick dry top coat... I was not successful in finding the nail wheels. Seems like lately they're always sold out! =( But I was able to get the top coat I was interested in.


I have honestly never used this brand before so I'm excited to try it and compare it to Seche Vite! I love me some super speedy top coats!

And right next to Sally's in the strip mall is the Dollar Tree. Sometimes you can find some gems there so I never pass on an opportunity to go. Not all of this was nail related... but most of it is!

I have a lot of luck with ELF products and these are their Matte Lipsticks from their Studio Line with retails for $3 on their website or at Target. But I got each of these for one glorious dollar a piece! I am super excited to try these out soon!


I know you can hardly contain your excitement for the picture above! It's a great deal for something that's just going to be dunked in acetone anyway, right?? And I picked the red color because they match my bedroom.

This is just one of those handy, dandy little wire mesh pencil cups. I have a load of ink pens just laying in my home office area and the clutter is starting to bug me!

This is Aquafina Cooling Lip Balm... It does magical things to my lips and I'm addicted to it!! And by magical I mean that it is really good for dry and chapped lips. It's a lifesaver in the fall and winter when those north winds start blowing!

And for my last thing... I got this little contraption. I saw a YouTube video (can't remember who it was) that showed a girl storing her nail art stickers/decals in something like this and I thought it was a GENIUS idea!

So that's it for my mini early birthday haul. I'm satisfied with it! Be on the look out in the next few days for swatches of the Disney Villains polishes!

XOXOXOX
.:Krissy:.


Daily Happenings:

  • I've been drinking french vanilla cappuccino all day...
  • It was a crazy gloomy day here in my neck of the woods... but I secretly like that kind of thing.
  • The person I look up to the most for blogging is Emily Eddington. Most of you will know her as EmilyNoel83. Or at Beauty Broadcast. I don't know her personally but we are from the same area and I just think that it's a fun little tidbit. =) Besides being so beautiful and talented, the reason why I enjoy her blog and YouTube channel so much is because she's honest and unbiased. She will tell you whether she likes it or not despite a company sending her a product to test.
  • I'm scouring the interwebs for designs for nail polish racks that are easy. I have one that I completely filled up and I have about 30 or more on my desk waiting for a home. That's not counting the Disney Villains colors and ones that I know I'll accumulate for my birthday.
  • I'm also scouring the interwebs to compare and contrast different homemade recipes for beauty products so I can create my own recipes for my store.
  • My store is GlimmeringPolish but it isn't open for business yet. I'm still working my magic on products. I hope to have it open for the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment